Thursday, August 30, 2012

I'm Batman


On the first day of class we did writing in our day book, my first writing describes me very clearly… Well as clear as I can get.


Comics, movies, fictional works based around heroes have always given me the best quotes that seem realistically feasible even though a man in a bat suit seems unfeasible. I’ve always been a perspective viewer, questioning what is right and wrong, good or bad. I see things in yin yang vision, without one the other cannot exist. Batman is a role model for me and many others, he’s a superhero with no powers, but with his hard work and determination he is just as strong as his companions.

4 comments:

  1. Chris, I'm way interested in the connections you are drawing to popular culture. I am hugely interested in how popular culture works in our writing lives and shapes identity. In fact, this weekend my four year old has been talking all the time about comic books (even though he has never actually read one)... and I am fascinated by how this kind of literacy so tied to popular culture has become part of his convo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I think that it's pretty cool that you're so interested in batman. Those movies portray both good and bad which are actually all around us in our society. I think that batman is definitely somebody who is a good role model because he is always looking to help people in the society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that what you said about "yin-yang vision" and how one cannot exist without the other is very interesting. Are you saying that in every circumstance there is always a right and wrong? I try to see the good side of everything in life, so it's hard for me to accept the idea that regardless of all the good I see there is must as much bad that I am turning a blind eye to. You've definitely got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in agreeance (if that's a proper word) with all three of you guys. The connection with Batman shows a notion of having good and evil in the world. I hope we all get to the point where we descern what is right and what is wrong. Cool Chris!

    ReplyDelete