Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chicks Dig Giant Robots


I just love Japan, so I'm going to write more about it! In Japan you can find tons of strange, large, or epic things. There are candy lunch boxes, giant and small humanoid robots, and garbage men dresses as samurais for tourist. But my favorite is the giant robot because it's a Gundam. So what is a Gundam you say? Well Wikipedia can explain better than me but it's a popular animated show in Japan about Mobile Suits that revolutionized war, it's set in a realistic feel as if giant robots were a viable option for combat.
This here is a 1:1 scale model of the RX-78-2 Gundam with me and my sister at his giant feet. --->










And this is Asimo, a smaller robot that was show to us (not as cool as the giant one).

5 comments:

  1. I love that you're so passionate about Japan! I've enjoyed reading about your trip there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool that Japan has all of these cool and interesting things. I think it's so awesome that you're so passionate about Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a Cool looking giant robot. I have never seen a robot that big. I looks like it is the size of a transformer. I have seen the transformer movies and if this robot show is like that I think it could be pitty cool. I'll have to look that up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude this is sooo freakin cool ! I love that you aren't afraid to be yourself and write about what you love. I love researching different cultures and how they can impact how we see our world if we look at things with the eyes of another culture. I often find that when I get really interested in a specifric culture I look for similarities in everything I do. Do you ever do that ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, Your post is reminding me to share two sites I have been meaning to get to you. One is Mimi Ito's Japanese Culture blog that has literacy focus, so might be interesting connection for this class. http://www.chanpon.org/

    And this is another one I came by last week and just wanted to share with you... about women and comics http://www.unheardtaunts.com/wir/

    ReplyDelete